1 year ago
and cut out and frame my favorite poems and plaster them all over my house.
I realize that is like the highest form of blasphemy to cut up a book. But I love Shel Silverstein and keeping his beautiful work on a bookshelf to be enjoyed every now and then feels more blasphemous.
You should turn your camera on the pages and plaster those on your walls
- brittanynwilliams likes this
- amusedreams likes this
- turnabout likes this
- think4yourself reblogged this from kissing-whiskey and added:
- think4yourself likes this
- kylashutup likes this
- jennadays said: you could photocopy your favorite pages and put those up so you keep the book in one piece!
- thirty-second-dance-party likes this
- acrazymomslife likes this
- fujl likes this
- fezzikismyhomeboy said: scan them and make a copy… might be illegal but you’re not using them to make profit
- timevortexheart said: Thats what a scanner/printer is for. :-p I couldn’t bear to tear up a book, personally.
- unepetitesouris said: there are some really nice prints of them all framed and illustrated on etsy
- memoirsofastepfordwife said: I love that book beyond words and love this idea
- memoirsofastepfordwife likes this
- boonecountymatingcall said: You could scan them or look them up online and print them out if the idea of cutting up a book isn’t so fun! :)
- cashela said: Cut it up and do a framing artsy type project? I’d check out used bookstores/editions on Amazon to make you fee less like you’re desecrating a work
- caracaracara said: Also, I may have to steal this idea.
- anonemouse said: i feel like it’s a lot less blasphemous when it’s a poetry collection… & i also feel like silverstein would’ve loved that idea. go for it!
- thisismethisiswhoiamlovemehateme likes this
- kissing-whiskey posted this