1 year ago
So for some reason or another I got to thinking about the chain of wackadoo claims conservatives/radicals have made about Democrats/Progressives over the last 20+ years. Some highlights:
- Bill Clinton had his aide Vince Foster killed to cover up the Whitewater Real Estate “scandal” from his Arkansas days.
- Bill Clinton had the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City destroyed to cover up the Whitewater “scandal” — some of the FBI agents killed in OK City were alleged to have been knowledgable about the “scandal.” Alternatively, the bombing was alleged to have been done to cover up the Clinton administration’s mistakes in Waco, TX, dealing with the Branch Davidians. (There were real mistakes in this confrontation, by the way, which is not an endorsement of this claim.)
- The Clinton administration had purchased “black helicopters” they were using to surveil Westerners in preparation for placing them in UN-run internment camps. (Google the name “Helen Chenoweth.” She was a Congresswoman from Idaho who made Michele Bachmann look like a voice of reason and consideration.)
- During the Clinton Administration, NRA leader Wayne LaPierre described federal agents as “jack booted thugs” (a reference to Nazi SS storm troopers) for enforcing the Brady Bill. Talk show host and former Nixon attorney G. Gordon Liddy, who went to prison for his part in the Watergate scandal, urged his listeners to “aim high” if they were raided by federal agents since—and I am not making this up—federal agents wore body armor, and shots to the body wouldn’t be effective. All of this, of, course, was in the midst of the rise of the militia movement, an incipient armed rebellion against the US government centered in Montana and Idaho and built off the dregs of the survivalist and white supremacist movements.
Skipping forward a few years, we get …
- Claims during the 2008 campaign that Obama was the literal Biblical antichrist.
- The 2008 election was stolen by ACORN.
- Claims that having schoolchildren watch an Obama speech about the importance of education was political indoctrination into the Obama cult of personality.
- Birtherism. ‘Nuff said.
- Muslimism. ‘Nuff said.
- The bailout of the auto industry meant the socialization of the American economy. Which is already a lot socialized. And the auto industry is basically on its own again.
- Obamacare = socialism, despite the fact that it’s based on private insurance and was mostly a windfall for private, for-profit health insurance providers.
- Signing the UN Treaty on the rights of disabled persons would let the UN set rules for American parents in raising their children.
- The 2012 election was stolen by ACORN … which hasn’t existed for several years.
- Any form of gun control is the first step in creating a fascist state under the communist fascist Kenyan Muslim antichrist Obama.
And before anyone starts with the “the Democrats demonized Bush II” too nonsense, let me concede that lots of Democrats accused/implied that Bush had become president through illegitimate means (e.g., a crony Supreme Court). Lots thought he was a terrible president for lots of reasons (Politicalprof among them). But you can show me nothing like this list from Democrats aimed at Republicans, particularly from elected, actual government officials or party leaders. And please note that in my list I cheated in the REPUBLICANS’ favor: I didn’t post anything from the assbags Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Michael Savage and their ilk. Nothing, despite the millions of people they have in their daily radio audiences (especially Limbaugh).
So forgive me when I roundly mock the next right wing wackadoo who screams the sky is falling. Really: reason, truth, facts, evidence, science … none of these work. Outright mockery is about all we have left to address these loons.
It’s only reasonable.
- geneviene reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- captainpeepeepants likes this
- tournesolxx likes this
- bitipillar likes this
- rage-goddess likes this
- coketalk likes this
- i-am-smallerontheoutside reblogged this from lindsayface47
- brianmanfredi likes this
- bagofghosts likes this
- littleblackkittycat likes this
- lizgrandmaison likes this
- lalalalaitsdesiree likes this
- asksverige likes this
- soflateam reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- 17xinfinity likes this
- mtvisgarbage likes this
- lindsayface47 reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- dead-deadasdisco likes this
- seriouslyamerica reblogged this from politicalprof
- father-husband-freak-student likes this
- maabebe likes this
- timekiller-s likes this
- polyscinerd likes this
- watching-your-shadows likes this
- beemill likes this
- with-fervor likes this
- shakingvoice likes this
- chickorie reblogged this from theriverwanders
- marmaladeteardrops likes this
- swagandpassion reblogged this from think4yourself
- jkeith757 likes this
- theriverwanders reblogged this from think4yourself and added:
- soupisnotameal reblogged this from think4yourself
- soupisnotameal likes this
- think4yourself reblogged this from politicalprof
- think4yourself likes this
- foundingfatherquotes likes this
- jjawlie reblogged this from politicalprof
- molliehaswords reblogged this from politicalprof
- molliehaswords likes this
- danatheexplaina likes this
- neutralmilkhilton reblogged this from politicalprof
- athreateninghaiku likes this
- probably-lena likes this
- marysdottir likes this
- irradiatedsyntax likes this
- mycuriousfascinations likes this
- rethinkagain likes this