Poor Mitt! (He’s not really poor, that’s just an expression.)
(1) His Romneycare insurance mandate plan in Massachusetts was the model for Obamacare.
(2) The GOP’s Right Wing-nuts he needs didn’t trust him for that reason.
(3) To curry their favor, he promises to repeal Obamacare.
(4) He shamelessly reconciles (3) and (1) above by saying insurance mandates are OK if done by the states but unconstitutional if done by Washington.
(5) Now the Supreme Court has said a federal mandate IS constitutional.
Poor Mitt is stuck. He can either say the Court is wrong or Romneycare was wrong.
What’s a poor weasel to do?